ITTF Participation Officer (Asia Pacific)
ABOUT THE ITTF
The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF), founded in 1926, is the world-governing body of the sport of table tennis with 226 member Associations in the world.
The ITTF supervises the staging of World Championships annually, and several other world title events. Around 120 international tournaments are sanctioned by the ITTF yearly. Its main function is to govern and develop the sport for the benefit of over thirty million competitive players in all parts of the world.
Table Tennis is an Olympic and Paralympic sport and is in the programme of the Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games as well as of all Multisport Games.
JOB TITLE: ITTF Participation Officer (Asia Pacific)
DEPARTMENT: ITTF High Performance & Development
LOCATION: The position will be home-based, with extensive international travel required. Candidates based in Asia Pacific region will be given priority.
REMUNERATION: The Participation Officer (Asia Pacific) will be paid a remuneration, based on skillset, experience and place of residency. The Consultant undertakes to respect all fiscal and social legislation, particularly those in force in his/her country of residence. In particular, the ITTF will not pay any social security charges, as the Consultant is acting in an independent capacity.
MANAGER: The Participation Officer (Asia Pacific) will report to the Participation Manager.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITY: The ITTF wishes to retain the selected candidate, on a non-exclusive and full-time basis, to act as an independent consultant to provide to the ITTF the services detailed as follows:
The Participation Officer (Asia Pacific) will implement the Participation program in Asia Pacific by coordinating and conducting activities in, but not limited to the Asia Pacific Member Associations to ensure a long-term sustainable development of table tennis and to maximize the legacy of the programs and missions.
The consultant will provide the following services as the Participation Officer (Asia Pacific):
- Implement Participation program in, but not limited to Asia Pacific as Region/Continent specialist by performing various functions that include, but not limited to:
- Ensure effective communication in Regions/Member Associations and work closely with respective Member Associations in regard to providing support through Participation program;
- Deliver services and implement on-site activities in, but not limited to Asia Pacific as part of the Participation and Development programs;
- Understand Member Associations’ needs and provide help in developing National Development Plans to Category 3 and 4 Member Associations;
- Maintain an overview of the budget for the activities coordinated in the respective Member Associations and formally report to the Participation Manager when required;
- Ensure adequate data collection for all activities through standardized and efficient reporting and accurately upload all activities’ documentation (Expert Report, MA Report, attendance sheet, etc.) in the SharePoint platform;
- Liaise with the Participation Manager for the equipment support and ensure that Member Associations receive assistance in the form of the equipment packages;
- Liaise with the Development Unit in relation to providing support and guidance to Member Associations in preparing Olympic Solidarity programs’ applications to maximize benefits in supporting table tennis courses through the Olympic Solidarity funding;
- Promote development activities, programs and incentives, including gender equality and Para table tennis;
- Represent ITTF in a professional manner at all times;
- Perform co-shared Member Relations functions in cooperation with the Member Relations department that include, but not limited to:
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with respective Member Associations;
- Promote good governance principles and ensure the corresponding documentation is collected from Member Associations.
- Other duties as planned in the ITTF Strategic Plan and in the Master Continental Agreements, and as required by the Participation Manager and/or the Head of Participation.
Applicants should be willing to work as required to perform the agreed duties with excellence.
Candidates for the position of Participation Officer (Asia Pacific) should demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary education in Sports Management, Physical Education, Development
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Proven ability to build rapport with wide range of stakeholders (local authorities, sports movement, schools, etc)
- Proven ability to fill out application forms and reports, secure grants
- Languages: ability to communicate and write effectively in English
- Advanced understanding of basic office applications, including sound Microsoft Office skills
- Significant experience within the sport of Table Tennis
- Professional capacity to work in any other widespread language on the Continent (Intermediate level/B1)
- ITTF Level 2 certificate, or equivalent, in coaching or umpiring/refereeing; having experience with conducting courses will be considered as a plus
- Administration: ITTF online Administration course certified
- Good understanding of the International Table Tennis environment, including the ITTF Group and particularly of the High Performance & Development Department role and mission
- Familiarity with Olympic Solidarity, their programs and procedures
- Driving license
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
All applications must be made through the online application form on ITTF.com and will only be accepted until 15 December 2021
Due to the high number of candidate applications expected, only those who are shortlisted to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted.